The Entrepreneur Fund is an economic development organization committed to growing the regional economy by partnering with our region’s business owners seeking to grow their business. We provide business loans up to $500,000 and strategic services to entrepreneurs in 11-counties of northeast Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin. Our vision is to have vibrant communities that are created and sustained by entrepreneurs.
The Entrepreneur Fund seeks a regional loan officer who will develop and strengthen the loan referral network, using leads to achieve loan goals. The loan officer will be responsible for working with clients to determine needs, prepare and verify loan packages, analyze loan requests, prepare written evaluations and present recommendations for approvals. Success in this position is directly linked to the organizational goal of loan portfolio strength and loan portfolio growth.
- Presenting Entrepreneur Fund financing opportunities to bankers, referral partners, and customers.
- Work 1:1 with clients on confidential & complex financial and business model issues.
- Provide lending-related feedback to clients regarding business plans, projections and practices.
- Verify and validate information including:
- Customer cash flow projections and corresponding assumptions.
- Personal financial information for business applicants.
- Applicant business information compared to industry standards.
- Structure loans from multiple sources such as banks, economic and community development agencies, and state and federal organizations.
- Loan process.
- Identify appropriate funding amounts as compared to project.
- Conduct extensive financial and capability due diligence during the lending process.
- Collateral verification.
- Collaborate with lending team to complete loan packages.
- Presentation of loan packages to Entrepreneur Fund loan committees.
- Loan closings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- On-going loan client follow-up to ensure open lines of communication.
- Annual client financial review.
- Understand client needs and to share Entrepreneur Fund resources on a timely basis.
- 1:1 technical assistance as needed (expansion, stabilization…etc.).
Ideal Candidate profile:
The right person will bring their talents and skills of being proactive, highly detailed, and conscientious in their work. They will thrive on working in a collaborative, team-oriented atmosphere while bringing a keen understanding of the complexities of small business financials. The right person will have a passion for serving area business owners and match the core values of the organization.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in finance or accounting, and/or 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Commercial lending experience preferred, but not required.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- MS Office Excel/Word/Outlook/Power Point.
- Excellent time management with great attention to detail.
- Comfortable in networking and presentation settings.
- Excellent proficiency in:
- Analysis of business loan requests.
- Analysis of profit & loss statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements.
- Understanding and interpreting business operations and business legal structures.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.
- Work effectively in a highly collaborative, team environment.
Get things done
- Be organized & efficient.
- Work hard - persist & maintain your focus.
- Stay focused.
- Ask for help before the end.
- Commit to the committed – customers, staff, communities, and partners.
- Commitment is demonstrated, not perceived.
- Give everyone a chance to show it.
- Believe what they show you.
- Do your part.
- Expect lasting results from relationships.
- Have the hard conversations.
- Take great satisfaction in meeting team goals.
- Strive for team excellence – suggest improvements, learn from failures.
- Organizational strength is fortified through each member’s performance.
- Keep your communication open, genuine, and honest.
- No blame or disrespect.
- Celebrate our wins and give specific praise.
Commit to the Greater Good
- Impact is our motivator: entrepreneurs & community.
- Do what is better for the whole.
- Shine a light on real progress.